Creative Agility Applied Improvisation Workshops
Enhancing team creativity, intuition and connection.
Learn to find the Creative Flow in yourself and with others.What is Creative Flow? Creative Flow is the active give-and-take between two or more people, where there is no one leading the process. It is a synergistic experience where people cease to be individuals and step into a shared experience to create something together. Creative Flow is an action that cannot be forced, or made to happen by command, but counter-intuitively becomes present when the group or team stops trying to "save the day" and surrenders ego to become a part of something bigger, where discovery happens, all ideas are considered (the "yes, and" effect) and real out of the box thinking/learning/solutions occur.
This is a 3-hour workshop to experience how applied improvisational techniques can enhance your creativity, intuition and connection with others.
Are you willing to:
- Be playful?
- Trust your intuition?
- Move past where you get stuck and stay in the game?
- Experience what Creative Flow actively feels like?
- The 5 golden rules of improvisation and how they will free your creative process and interactions with others.
- How these few simps techniques can increase your creativity, flexibility and intuition.
- How to include and build upon each other’s ideas, without negative doubts stifling your creative process.
- Devise positive ways to engage with others, even when facing complicated situations.
- Practice Creative Agility improvisation techniques that can easily be applied within your personal life and professional activities.
- Experience practical techniques to help you get out of your head and into your creativity in an instant.
- Learn story-building techniques that will help your creative process flow, on your own or when working with others.
I learned there are deeper and more effective ways to listen.
Step into your Intuition.
Evolution is a two day, 16-hour Applied Improvisation techniques workshop. It is designed for coaches, leaders, creatives and advisors who want to stretch their boundaries of creativity, intuition and connection. Where do you stop in being present? When do emotions get the best of you? Do they link you back to your own experiences? We coach you to be flexible and relaxed, even during unexpected or awkward situations.
Through advanced improvisational breakthrough exercises, you will have the opportunity to unlock your creativity, identify the obstacles that block you from being able to create meaningful shifts in a dynamic way. We all hold within us the power to change and manifest our vision. Any area of our lives we want to focus on; career, coaching, relationships, our body, finances or our time — the tools and strategies of the Evolution Weekend provides an experience that moves us into positive forward action.
This is a breakthrough opportunity for you to expand your capacity for staying present, being authentic, trusting your intuition and getting centered. Interactive exercises are designed to push you out of your comfort zone and experience what is available when you let go and play a bigger game. Evolution playfully invites you to to get out of your head and into the moment!
Focus and Outcomes: Day 1: Sandbox
- Learn the Two Basic Truths and 5 Golden Rules of Improvisation and how to use them
- Enhance your connection to others through curiosity, flexibility and creativity
- Deepen your ability to be fully present and in the flow of the moment
- Learn how to enhance creativity and playfulness
- Practice collaboration with the "Yes, and" technique
- Be spontaneous - get loose - have fun!
- Identify where you stop being present with others - your emotional triggers, and how to tame them
- Expand your ability to express yourself authentically
- Developing your elevator speech: Finding your Who. What is your truth?
- Learn to identify creative flow, when you are in and out of it, and how it impacts team creativity
- Day One: Sandbox: 8:30 AM check in, 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Day Two: Evolution: 8:30 AM arrival, 9:00 AM - 7:00 PM
- Both days will include a 60-minute lunch break and three 15-min breaks. Please bring your own snacks and/or lunch if you prefer.
I didn't realize how much fear holds me back from being myself with others.
The Breakthrough Weekend is the most exhilarating weekend an actor will ever spend!
An intense two day seminar filled with dynamics to master the ability to express emotions. The acting exercises will push you to break out of the controlling fears and blocks that hold you back on stage and in life. Learn to express yourself with honesty and joy, experience yourself at full volume and develop an action plan to step up your game. The results are captivating monologues and, moreover, the ability to touch the human spirit, both when performing and in your life.
The experience is profound. It will change the way you hold yourself as an actor, the way you approach your craft, and the philosophy in which you solve problems.
The Breakthrough Weekend will help you overcome the obstacles that are currently in your way, stopping you from achieving what you want most. It will give you a technique for approaching monologues, so that they really become yours. It will disarm your fears about you being good enough, deserving enough and especially about what others think of you and how you have previously, and hopefully never again, allowed those negative thoughts to limit your artistic and personal expression.
Through intensive monologue, scene work and exercises you will:
- Discover yourself as the source of your own creativity.
- Get in touch with the joy of acting.
- Find where you are stuck in terms of expressing your own emotions.
- Explore your ability to commit 100%, let go, and break through the wall of your own fears.
- Learn to accept everything within the moment without judgment.
- Awaken the creative powers within you!
- The best monologues are when the character is revealing him/herself to the audience/another character, rather than being entertaining.
- It doesn't matter if it is comedic or dramatic.
- Find something that touches your heart (for whatever reason). You will have more fun with it.
- This weekend is about learning a process in approaching and working your monologue - not about perfecting or showing us how good you already are at it.
- Ideally, please come in with a new monologue that no one has touched before. Just memorize your monologue COLD - absolutely cold.
- If it is already perfect, it is difficult to improve upon what is already magnificent! Give us something to play with!
- Day One: 8:30 AM check in, 9:00 AM - 10:00 PM
- Day Two: 8:30 AM arrival, 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Both days will include lunch/dinner breaks and three 15-min breaks. Please bring your own snacks and/or meals if you prefer.
The Breakthrough Weekend helped me to focus my goals and discover ways of making them a reality. The Creative Agility team has this amazing ability to see what each person needs to "breakthrough" whatever is stopping them.